The following members of the Utopian Studies Society were elected at the AGM 2016 and will serve for three years.
Chair: Greg Claeys
Treasurer: Adam Stock
Secretary: Justyna Galant
Jorge Bastos Da Silva
Michael G. Kelly
Election of Chair to succeed Fátima Vieira: At the AGM in Lisbon, 7 July 2016, Greg Claeys was elected to serve as Chair of the Society for a term of 3 years. Lorna Davidson indicated her wish to retire as USS Secretary in the Autumn of 2016.
Constitution and Regulation
- The Utopian Studies Society (hereinafter referred to as "the Society") is an interdisciplinary society that aims to co-ordinate and encourage the diverse work currently taking place on the subject of utopianism.
- Membership shall be open to anyone with an interest in the study of Utopianism.
- The Society shall promote the study of Utopianism by whatever means its committee deems appropriate, for example by holding conferences or lectures, or encouraging publications in related fields of study.
- An Annual General Meeting of the Society shall be held; the quorum for the Annual General Meeting of the Society shall be 10 members.
- At the Annual General Meeting, a Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer and a Committee of up to 15 members will be elected.
- A Bank Account in the name of the Society shall be opened. Instructions to the Bank and cheques may be signed by either the Chairperson or the Treasurer as a sole signatory.
- The office-bearers so elected will hold office for a period of three years, after which they are eligible to stand for re-election, provided they are duly nominated as noted below.
- Nominations for membership of the committee and the office-bearers may be made in writing in advance of the meeting. They may also be taken from the floor at the Annual General Meeting of the Society, provided that the member being nominated is present, or has agreed to stand for election.
Minutes of the Utopian Studies Society
Click on the links below to view details on the specific meeting minutes from the Utopian Studies Society.